We all want our lives to be highly productive. Many of us are under the illusion that it is some rocket science which only the highly successful ones like Steve Jobs, Mahatma Gandhi, Dhirubhai Ambani or Barack Obama have understood. But the good news is that a simple but highly productivity-oriented morning routine can make you stand out of the crowd. Each one of gets a fresh set of 24 hours and so a fresh morning to get us started. A well – planned morning can become the source of high productivity throughout the day. So, let’s get started:
- Early to bed, early to RISE: Going early to bed can help you wake up on time. And this is the one of the most important habit you need to cultivate in order to be productive all day. Waking up early give you a good window to set up a proper morning ritual. It avoids the morning rush and stress that follows the rush. Also, the level of mental alertness and clarity is great during early mornings. This also helps you to sleep on time and have a qualitative sleep needed to rejuvenate your mind and body. Waking up before sunrise is the foundation stone of a productive day.
- Say no Caffeine: Instead of starting your day with a toxic cup of coffee or tea, opt for healthy green tea or a wholesome fruit or vegetable juice. Even though caffeine is a natural stimulant, still choosing some more healthier will make your mind feel healthy. Consuming caffeine daily upon waking up makes your body crave for it. And so the day when it isn’t available, you end up feeling terrible. My suggestion is to let your body become alert and aware naturally instead of using a substance to do this job. Opting for fresh fruit or vegetable juice or eating a whole fruit can help your digestion system. There is nothing fresher than Mother Earth’s gifts like fruits and vegetables.
- No to Digital gadgets: Until you complete your morning routine, say NO to digital gadgets whether it is your phone or iPad or checking emails, voicemails. After you wake up, it is important to
- Breathing Exercises: Conscious breathing exercises play a vital role in clearing up the mind and opening up the energy centers i.e. chakras of the body. They also help to flush out all the toxins from the physical, mental and emotional body thereby enhancing your reasoning capacity. Starting your day with breathing exercises can help enhance your productivity by being able to think creatively and out of the box. There is a range of breathing exercises you can choose from and see what suits you.
- Meditate: Meditating right after your breathing exercises for just 15 minutes can open your mind to a world of infinite possibilities. It helps you enhance self-confidence and self-esteem which are needed to perform seamlessly. Meditation can help reduce your stress, de-clutter your thoughts and empower your immunity system. Studies have shown that people who meditate everyday are optimistic, mentally & emotionally strong, have better cognitive skills and creative thinking. When your mind relaxes with meditation, you can process information in a structured form and don’t get distracted with the environmental issues like peer pressure or social issues.
- Maintain a physical exercise regime: Just like your mental body needs exercising in the form of meditation and breathing exercises, so does your physical body. Yoga is one of the highly recommended health regimes to keep your body fit and healthy. The movements make your body calm and flexible and also strengthening your bones and muscles naturally. Ensure to include at least 30 minutes of physical exercise in your daily routine. This will ensure a healthy body which is again essential for delivering high-quality performance. Our body is the temple of our soul. It needs as much love and care as do our needs and wants in life.
- Eat a wholesome breakfast: Never skip your breakfast as it is the most important meal of the day. Our digestive system has the ability to work at its optimal capacity in the morning. Hence, eating a wholesome breakfast is taking proper care of your body. Include fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts & seeds which help to build a robust immune system. Including proper amount of proteins, carbs, minerals is definitely important. Understand your body type and see what suits your body. A green smoothie can be helpful to cleanse the stomach and also for making you feel fresh. If you feel there is confusion about what food will suit and what you should include in your diet, then I would suggest seeing a nutritionist or any other professional to guide you in this direction.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Drink good amount of water throughout the day as this will keep your body hydrated. Every cell and tissue in our body needs to be hydrated in order to function. Hence, water is essential to keep ourselves hydrated. Our brain, heart, kidneys and liver all need water to function correctly. We flush out toxins from our body with the help of water. So, ensure to stay hydrated throughout the day.